- Prohibition is the Problem Not Cannabis Seum, veterans affair director for Kentuckians for Medicinal Marijuana, hopes to make a change for Kentucky’s medicinal marijuana law to provide a ‘better tomorrow’ for people who need it.
- KY Senate Majority Whip Jimmy Higdon talks medical cannabis If KY patients can become legal medical cannabis users where are they to get it without a legal market? If the program is so restrictive that only hospice or end of life patients can become legal patients is there enough demand for a business owner to invest millions into licensing & product production?
- Coverage of the Licensing & Occupations meeting in Frankfort Local News coverage of our recent meeting with the Licensing and Occupations committee in Frankfort as well as our press conference mentioning our endorsement made by the Kentucky Nurses Associations. Thank you to everyone for making it out to Frankfort to show your support.
- Senator Schickel discusses upcoming L&O Meeting on July 8th 10 AM Senator Schickel from NKY has granted us another Licensing meeting which will be held on July 8th @ 10am in the Capitol Annex Building in Frankfort. The meeting will have various people speaking including Dr. Barnes (KY epileptologist), Kentucky Medical Association, 2 other KY physicians, Law Enforcement, & KY4MM. Here is a news article regarding the meeting
- Jefferson County KY4MM Town Hall Media covered by the Local News We would like to thank everyone for coming out especially with this being right next to the Police Department! Many of those in attendance discussed the need for replacing their opiate use and how cannabis has helped them achieve this.
- Eric and Michelle Crawford fighting for KY4MM in Maysville, KY. The couple kept their lives as private as possible, until September 2013, when a set of extenuating circumstances put their lives into the court system. It was then they decided to go public and fight for Eric’s right to have relief from his health problems through medical marijuana.
“It’s not about Eric anymore, there’s so many people that can benefit,” said ... Read More
- Sentinel-News coverage of KY4MM’s Shelbyville Town Hall Meeting
Stories of pain and despair foreshadowed passionate pleas for help at a town hall meeting at the Shelby County Public Library Monday evening aimed at the legalization of cannabis for medical purposes.
A crowd of nearly 40 residents sat attentively as they listened to the accounts of members of the organization Kentuckians for Medical Marijuana, their silence breaking only on occasion ... Read More
- KY4MM’s Dan Seum jr. discusses experiences with KY legislators Dan Seum Jr., the legislative affairs coordinator for Kentuckians for Medicinal Marijuana and the son of Sen. Dan “Malano” Seum, said the group has already brought expert witnesses including doctors and researchers that lawmakers are asking for, but they’re still shutdown.
“The science is there and I’m just not — I can’t let them use that as their excuse,” Seum said. ... Read More
- The Cannabis Compassion Act (SB263) helped put together by KY4MM The bill we have been helping put together has finally been introduced! Thank you for your continued support in helping to make medical cannabis a reality in Kentucky.
Establishes a comprehensive system for medical cannabis, including provisions for medical verification of need, persons allowed to cultivate, use, and possess the drug, organizations allowed to assist in providing the drug, regulation by ... Read More
- News coverage of our Marshall Town Hall Meeting in Benton, KY Thank you to everyone in Benton that came out. The support was overwhelming and we greatly appreciate it!
Nearly 100 people attended a town hall meeting on Friday to support legalization of medicinal marijuana in Kentucky. A room in the Benton Ky. branch of the Marshall County Library was filled with patients, and advocates for the cause on Friday.
Inside a ... Read More